[Numpy-discussion] Github notifications and trac-to-github migration

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Jul 24 23:53:31 CDT 2012

Hi Thouis,

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 2:46 PM, Thouis (Ray) Jones <thouis@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would estimate I'm between a fourth and halfway through the
> implementation of the trac-to-github-issues migration code.  The work
> lives in at https://github.com/thouis/numpy-trac-migration

mmh, I would have thought you're farther ahead... Aric Hagberg
(@hagberg) and Jordi Torrents (@jtorrents) of NetworkX fame last
weekend completed the trac2github migration for nx, and he said he'd
only had to make a few improvements to your code.

I'm cc'ing Aric here so he can give us more details, but based on the
fact that they were able to successfully migrate nx completely to GH,
I would have imagined you'd be much, much closer for numpy/scipy.

Their migration looks pretty solid, including all old comments and
attachments being correctly linked, cf this one:

https://github.com/networkx/networkx/issues/693

Many thanks for getting that code in place, since it made Aric and
Jordi's job much easier (they still worked super hard, I saw them
hunkered down in the sprints area for a long time, but at least this
made it *possible* to get nx on github, which makes me very happy).

Cheers,