[Numpy-discussion] Warnings and errors while building numpy 1.6.2 on 64 bit system

Prakash Joshi pjoshi@numenta....
Thu Jul 26 15:29:55 CDT 2012

Hi All,

I am building numpy 1.6.2 on 64 bit Mac OSX/CentOS and I found many
warnings and errors of similar kind, however the numpy passes all the
tests.
Please let me know if I can consider this build as good?

llvm-gcc-4.2: _configtest.c

_configtest.c:5: error: size of array Œtest_array¹ is negative

_configtest.c:1:20: error: endian.h: No such file or directory

_configtest.c:7: error: ŒSIZEOF_LONGDOUBLE¹ undeclared (first use in this
function)

_configtest.c:1: warning: conflicting types for built-in function Œexp¹

numpy/core/src/npymath/ieee754.c.src:260: warning: implicit conversion
shortens 64-bit value into a 32-bit value

_configtest.c:5: warning: function declaration isn¹t a prototype

_configtest.c:4: warning: conflicting types for built-in function Œfabs¹

_configtest.c:8: warning: control reaches end of non-void function

numpy/core/src/umath/loops.c.src:1403: warning: ŒFLOAT_ldexp_long¹ defined
but not used

numpy/core/src/private/lowlevel_strided_loops.h:36: warning:
ŒPyArray_FreeStridedTransferData¹ declared Œstatic¹ but never defined

numpy/lib/src/_compiled_base.c:120: warning: assignment from incompatible
pointer type

Best Regards,
Prakash Joshi