[Numpy-discussion] Changes in PyArray_FromAny between 1.5.x and 1.6.x

Zachary Pincus zachary.pincus@yale....
Tue Jun 5 13:41:28 CDT 2012

> There is a fine line here. We do need to make people clean up lax code in order to improve numpy, but hopefully we can keep the cleanups reasonable.

Oh agreed. Somehow, though, I was surprised by this, even though I keep tabs on the numpy lists -- at no point did it become clear that "big changes in how arrays get constructed and typecast are ahead that may require code fixes". That was my main point, but probably a PEBCAK issue more than anything.

Zach