[Numpy-discussion] Changes in PyArray_FromAny between 1.5.x and 1.6.x

Zachary Pincus zachary.pincus@yale....
Tue Jun 5 14:01:22 CDT 2012

>>> Oh agreed. Somehow, though, I was surprised by this, even though I keep
>>> tabs on the numpy lists -- at no point did it become clear that "big changes
>>> in how arrays get constructed and typecast are ahead that may require code
>>> fixes". That was my main point, but probably a PEBCAK issue more than
>>> anything.
>>

>> It was fairly extensively discussed when introduced,
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.numeric.general/44206, and again
>> at some later point.
>
> Those are the not-yet-finalized changes in 1.7; Zachary (I think) is
> talking about problems upgrading from ~1.5 to 1.6.

Yes, unless I'm wrong I experienced these problems from 1.5.something to 1.6.1. I didn't take notes as it was in the middle of a deadline-crunch so I just fixed the code and moved on (long, stupid story about why the upgrade before a deadline...). It's just that the issues mentioned above seem to have hit me too and I wanted to mention that. But unhelpfully, I think, without code, and now I've hijacked this thread! Sorry.

Zach