[Numpy-discussion] Good way to develop numpy as popular choice!

Thu Jun 21 23:51:50 CDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 08:59:09PM -0400, Benjamin Root wrote:
>      > munkres seems to be a pure python implementation ;-).

>      Oops! I could have sworn that I once tried one named munkres that used
>      numpy. But that was several years ago.

>    There is a development branch of sk-learn with an implementation of the
>    hungarian assignment solver using numpy. It will even do non-square
>    matrices and matrices with an empty dimension.

Yes, absolutely, thanks to Ben:
https://github.com/GaelVaroquaux/scikit-learn/blob/hungarian/sklearn/utils/hungarian.py
I never merged this in the main scikit-learn tree, because munkres is not
used so far. Maybe I should merge it in the main tree, or maybe it should
be added to scipy or numpy.

Gaël