[Numpy-discussion] Created NumPy 1.7.x branch
Tue Jun 26 00:20:58 CDT 2012
On Jun 26, 2012, at 12:09 AM, Fernando Perez wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 9:48 PM, Travis Oliphant <email@example.com> wrote:
>> I agree a decision needs to be made. I think we will need to break the ABI. At this point, I don't know of any pressing features that would require it short of NumPy 2.0.
> Sorry, I don't quite know how to parse the above, do you mean:
> 1. We will need to break ABI in the upcoming 1.7 release
> 2. We will need to be more willing to accept ABI breakages in .Y
> releases (in X.Y convention)
Eventually we will need to break the ABI. We might as well wait until 2.0 at this point.
More information about the NumPy-Discussion