[Numpy-discussion] Would a patch with a function for incrementing an array with advanced indexing be accepted?

Travis Oliphant travis@continuum...
Tue Jun 26 11:57:35 CDT 2012

On Jun 26, 2012, at 11:46 AM, John Salvatier wrote:

> Hello,
>
> If you increment an array using advanced indexing and have repeated indexes, the array doesn't get repeatedly incremented, http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.numeric.general/50291. I wrote a C function that does incrementing with repeated indexes correctly. The branch is here (https://github.com/jsalvatier/numpy see the last two commits). Would a patch with a cleaned up version of a function like this be accepted into numpy? I'm not experienced writing numpy C code so I'm sure it still needs improvement.

This is great.   It is an often-requested feature.   It's *very difficult* to do without changing fundamentally what NumPy is.  But, yes this would be a great pull request.

Thanks,

-Travis