[Numpy-discussion] NumPy 1.7 release delays

Travis Oliphant travis@continuum...
Tue Jun 26 15:10:07 CDT 2012

> Unfortunately, I think there are issues we are just now seeing with code that was released in 1.6.x, and there are many people who have not moved forward to 1.6.x yet.
>
> Some examples would be nice. A lot of people did move already. And I haven't seen reports of those that tried and got stuck. Also, Debian and Python(x, y) have 1.6.2, EPD has 1.6.1.

One issues is the one that Sage identified about the array interface regression as noted by Jason.    Any other regressions from 1.5.x need to be addressed as well.    We'll have to decide on a case-by-case basis if there are issues that conflict with 1.6.x behavior.

> It's nice to have a document like this.  Of course, I've seen it.   I don't think we will be using Wine and MinGW to do the Windows builds, though.
>
> Any more details? If you are thinking about using MSVC for numpy, will it work with existing scipy and other binaries?

It will need to.   We need to make sure that whatever we do works for your SciPy binaries.

-Travis