[Numpy-discussion] Created NumPy 1.7.x branch

Travis Oliphant travis@continuum...
Tue Jun 26 15:31:50 CDT 2012

On Jun 26, 2012, at 3:27 PM, Thouis (Ray) Jones wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 10:11 PM, Jason Grout
> <jason-sage@creativetrax.com> wrote:
>> On 6/26/12 3:06 PM, Dag Sverre Seljebotn wrote:
>>> Something the Sage project does very well is meeting often in person
>>
>> Another thing we have that has improved the mailing list climate is a
>> "sage-flame" list [1]
>
> +1 !
>
> Speaking as someone trying to get started in contributing to numpy, I
> find this discussion extremely off-putting.  It's childish,
> meaningless, and spiteful, and I think it's doing more harm than any
> possible good that could come out of continuing it.

Thank you for the reminder.   I was already called out for not stopping.   Thanks, Dag.   A flame-list might indeed be a good idea at this point if there is further need for "clearing the air"

-Travis