[Numpy-discussion] NumPy 1.7 release delays

Christoph Gohlke cgohlke@uci....
Wed Jun 27 02:38:48 CDT 2012

On 6/26/2012 8:13 PM, Travis Oliphant wrote:
>> For the main repos we use buildbot and test on:
>>
>> Ubuntu Maverick 32-bit
>> Debian sid 64-bit
>> OSX 10.4 PPC
>> OSX 10.5 Intel
>> Debian wheezy PPC
>> Debian squeeze ARM (a Raspberry PI no less)
>> WIndows XP 32 bit
>> SPARC (courtesy of our friends at NeuroDebian)
>>
>> http://nipy.bic.berkeley.edu/builders
>>
>> We've found several issues with numpy using these, and I've fed them
>> back as I found them,
>>
>> http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/2076
>> http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/2077
>> http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/2174
>>
>> They are particularly useful for difficult to reproduce problems
>> because they test often and leave a record that we can point to.  As
>> I've said before, y'all are welcome to use these machines for numpy
>> builds / tests.
>
> Now that Ondrej is working on getting continuous integration up for NumPy,  I would encourage him to take you up on that offer.   Can these machines run a Jenkins slave?
>
> Having periodic tests of Sage, Pandas, matplotlib, scipy, and other projects is a major priority and really critical before we can really talk about how to migrate the APIs.    Thankfully, Ondrej is available to help get this project started and working this summer.
>
> -Travis

FWIW: I can relatively easy (batch script) build numpy from github and
run the test suites of many packages available at
<http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/> against it.

For example at
<http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/tests/numpy-MKL-1.7.0.dev-66bd39f-win-amd64-py2.7/>
are the test results of assimulo, bitarray, bottleneck, h5py,
matplotlib, numexpr, pandas, pygame, scipy, skimage, sklearn,
statsmodels, and pytables, built against numpy-1.6.x and run against
numpy-1.7.0.dev-66bd39f on win-amd64-py2.7.

Christoph