[Numpy-discussion] Meta: help, devel and stackoverflow

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Jun 28 17:23:12 CDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 3:06 PM, srean <srean.list@gmail.com> wrote:
>  What I like about having two lists is that on one hand it does not
> prevent me or you from participating in both, on the other hand it
> allows those who dont want to delve too deeply in one aspect or the
> other, the option of a cleaner inbox, or the option of having separate
> inboxes. I for instance would like to be in both the lists, perhaps
> mostly as a lurker, but still would want to have two different folders
> just for better organization.

I just want to mention that even as a project leader, I benefit from
this: when I'm swamped, I simply ignore the user list.  Not a nice
thing to do, perhaps, but given the choice between moving the project
forward and helping a new user, with often very limited time, I think
it's the best solution possible.  Of course I do help in the user list
when I can, but I mostly encourage more experienced users to help new
ones, so that our small dev team can spend its limited time moving the
project forward.

Cheers,