[Numpy-discussion] Meta: help, devel and stackoverflow

Dag Sverre Seljebotn d.s.seljebotn@astro.uio...
Sat Jun 30 13:36:50 CDT 2012

On 06/30/2012 07:31 PM, Fernando Perez wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Jason Grout
> <jason-sage@creativetrax.com>  wrote:
>>
>> I'm curious: do you mean using stackexchange.com itself, or using
>> http://scicomp.stackexchange.com/ specifically?
>
> I meant the latter, which seems like it would be the best suited for
> the topic of this discussion.  I don't use the site myself yet (other
> than, as Matthew mentions, stumbling on it via googling for a
> question), but I'm growing more interested...

It is rumored that a problem with some stackexchange sites is the host
of nay-sayers saying that a question doesn't belong here but in this
other silo instead, instead of just letting a culture develop (though my
only interface to stack*.com is Google too so I don't really know).

If one was to actively push people to that site instead of
numpy-discussion, one should make sure that almost any discussion about
scientific Python is welcome there (at least anything that does "import
numpy" at some point). Perhaps have that discussion on
meta.scicomp.stackexchange.com beforehand.

Dag