[Numpy-discussion] Jaccard & Hamming Problem

Thu Mar 1 08:59:00 CST 2012

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 8:43 AM, Zayd YAKOUBI <zayd.yakoubi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I use the similarity measure "Jaccard" and "Hamming" of pckage
> Scipy.spacial.cdist (Python) in a clustering context, I applied to given
> typs of real and integer (0.6 0.2 1.7 May 8 ). They gave good results. But I
> just know that they normally only applies to binary data. The function of
> these two similarity measures are not specified in the documentation:
> http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/generated/scipy.spatial.distance.cdist.html
> . Does anyone of you can help me find these functions?
> Thank you in advance

http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/generated/scipy.spatial.distance.hamming.html#scipy.spatial.distance.hamming

http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/generated/scipy.spatial.distance.jaccard.html#scipy.spatial.distance.jaccard

Those are the nicely formatted versions of the docstrings of functions.
You can also access these in an interactive shell, e.g.

>>> from scipy.spatial.distance import hamming
>>> help(hamming)

or in ipython

In [1] from scipy.spatial.distance import hamming
In [2] hamming?

Warren