[Numpy-discussion] addition, multiplication of a polynomial and np.{float, int}

Fri Mar 9 16:57:26 CST 2012

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM, Pierre Haessig <pierre.haessig@crans.org>wrote:

> Hi Charles,
> Le 07/03/2012 18:00, Charles R Harris a écrit :
> >
> > That's a good idea, I'll take care of it. Note the caveat about the
> > coefficients going in the opposite direction.
> Great ! In the mean time I changed a bit the root polynomials reference
> to emphasize the new Polynomial class.
>

> http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/docs/numpy-docs/reference/routines.polynomials.rst/

Thanks Pierre.

> I feel like that the preexisting text was more targeting people with a
> preexisting knowledge of Poly1d than people looking for Polynomials in
> NumPy in general. (Poly1d is unfortunately the number 1 Google result
> for "polynomials numpy"...)
>
> Please make sure I didn't write something completely stupid. Also, I
> tried to include links using :doc: but the editor complains. I hope it
> will work after a sphinx compilation. There is a build bot, isn't it ?
> The aim of the first link is that the "user-in-a-hurry" ends up on the
> best piece of documentation available, namely "Using the Convenience
> Classes" after a short intro. Does this sounds good ?

The buildbot doesn't check the doc build. I've edited a few of the links.
The :doc: link should work I think, but I'll make sure to check when
merging your edit into the master branch. The text looks good.

Cheers,
Ralf