[Numpy-discussion] Recovering from a STOP ?

Pierre GM pgmdevlist@gmail....
Tue Mar 20 05:20:05 CDT 2012

Pauli, Chris,
Thanks for your inputs.

Pauli, I think that when f2py encounters a STOP statement, it just
stops the execution of the process. Alas, it's the same process as the
interpreter... So we need a trick not to interrupt the whole process.

I eventually resorted to patching f2py as suggested in
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.f2py.user/1204/
which amounts to let f2py trap the SIGINT. That's good enough for what I need.

However, that stresses the need to have a more robust way to deal with
these interruptions and make sure that several objects calling one (or
several temporary) fortran extension don't interact the ones with the
others.

And I'm coming to the same conclusion as Chris', that I have to use
the `multiprocessing` module, with several processes calling their own
fortran extension. But that's another story.

Thanks y'all for your help
P.