[Numpy-discussion] f2py and pygtk on windows

David Froger david.froger@gmail....
Sat Mar 24 08:28:29 CDT 2012

Excerpts from Sameer Grover's message of ven. mars 09 20:50:06 +0100 2012:

> Subsequently, on exiting python interpreter, the interpreter crashes
> with this error message - "This application has requested the Runtime
> to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's
> support team for more information."
>
> Strangely enough, interchanging the order of the import statements,
> i.e. importing the f2py wrapped program before gtk works fine.
> Furthermore, each module works fine individually.
>
> This is a windows-only problem. I'm using Windows 7, Python 2.7,
> latest numpy, mingw32 compiler and the "pygtk all-in-one installer"
> (mentioned on the pygtk download page).
>
> This happens even for very simple fortran programs such as this one -
> subroutine hello ()
>     write(*,*)'Hello from Fortran90!!!'
> end subroutine hello
>
> I don't know whether the problem is with f2py or with gtk or with
> python but maybe somebody can shed some light on this.
>
> Regards,
> Sameer Grover

Hi,

I've had similar problem in the past (but on Gnu/Linux), which was solve
to by setting the LC_ALL environnement variable to C. (never undersant why).
(with Bash: export LC_ALL=C)