[Numpy-discussion] label NA and datetime as experimental

Richard Hattersley rhattersley@gmail....
Mon Mar 26 03:29:20 CDT 2012

Hi,

My team are currently experimenting with extending datetime to allow
alternative, non-physical calendars (e.g. 360-day used by climate
modellers). Once we've got a handle on the options we'd like to
propose the extensions/changes back to NumPy. Obviously we'd like to
avoid wasted effort, so are there some aspects of datetime64 which are
more experimental than others? Is there a summary of unresolved issues
and/or plans for change?

Thanks,
Richard Hattersley