[Numpy-discussion] Style for pad implementation in 'pad' namespace or functions under np.lib

Tim Cera tim@cerazone....
Wed Mar 28 14:31:14 CDT 2012

I have been developing a set of pad functions to pad arrays in different
ways.  Really close to having it accepted into numpy, but I want to revisit
an implementation issue that I have become worried about.  Should these
functions be collected into a 'pad' namespace or put raw into np.lib?

Do I really care about this?  Not really since it isn't a utility issue,
but I contend that it would look better to pull these functions into their
own namespace.

Is there a consensus?

The current pull request:
https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/242