[Numpy-discussion] Testsuite fails with Python 2.7.3rc1 and 3.2.3rc1 (Debian)

Sandro Tosi matrixhasu@gmail....
Sat Mar 31 05:39:33 CDT 2012

Hi Ralf
sorry for the late reply.

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 22:29, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 12:28 AM, Sandro Tosi <matrixhasu@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>> I've reported http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/2085 and Ralf
>> asked for bringing that up here: is anyone able to replicate the
>> problem described in that ticket?
>>
>> The debian bug tracking the problem is:
>

> We do have an Ubuntu buildbot that runs fine with 2.7.2 (see
> buildbot.scipy.org).

ubuntu python and build stack tends to be different than Debian ones,
so they are not exactly comparable.

> Is that failure seen on unusual hardware or with a
> specific compiler only?

well, I don't think so. You can check all our archs build log at
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=python-numpy&suite=experimental
but I saw that on my laptop (amd64) an on those logs too. There you
can find all the references to the versions of the tools used for the
build.

Cheers,