[Numpy-discussion] Compiling NumPy on Windows for Python 3.3 with MSVC 2010

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock@googlemail....
Fri Nov 16 03:28:08 CST 2012

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 6:15 PM, Christoph Gohlke <cgohlke@uci.edu> wrote:

> Naturally the file would be named msvc10compiler.py but the name may be
> kept for compatibility reasons. AFAIK msvc10 does not use manifests any
> longer for the CRT dependencies and all the code handling msvc9
> manifests could be removed for Python 3.3. I have been building
> extensions for Python 3.3 with msvc10 and this distutils patch for some
> months and did not notice any issues.

Sounds Python 3.3 needs a fix then - have you reported this?
If not, could you report it (since you know far more about the
Windows build system than I do)?

If it will be fixed in Python itself, then perhaps a manual hack like
this will be enough for NumPy in the short term. Otherwise, maybe
numpy needs to include its own copy of msvc9compiler.py (or
msvc10compiler.py)?

Thanks,

Peter