[Numpy-discussion] Use OpenBLAS for the binary releases?

Daniele Nicolodi daniele@grinta....
Mon Nov 19 11:20:10 CST 2012

On 19/11/2012 18:12, Sturla Molden wrote:
> I think NumPy and SciPy should consider to use OpenBLAS (a fork of
> GotoBLAS2) instead of ATLAS or f2c'd Netlib BLAS for the binary releases.
> * Funded and developed for use in major Chinese HPC projects. Actively
> maintained. (GotoBLAS2 is abandonware.)

Hello Sturla,

do you know why GotoBLAS2 is not worked on anymore? It looked like a
project with serious university backing and its web page does not
reflect the fact that it has been discontinued by its authors.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Daniele