[Numpy-discussion] Confused with qr decomposition function

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Tue Nov 20 11:09:16 CST 2012

20.11.2012 15:24, Virgil Stokes kirjoitti:
[clip]
> I am aware that they are both correct; but, if you are doing covariance
> QR decomposition then you almost surely are interested in the positive
> results (which is the default for MATLAB and most papers/books on this
> subject).

I get exactly identical results from MATLAB (R2011b), Octave, Numpy, and
Scipy. Can you give an example matrix which behaves differently?

Note that Numpy and Scipy return exactly what LAPACK's *GEQRF routines
give, and Octave seems also to do this.

--
Pauli Virtanen