[Numpy-discussion] In case anybody wants them: py4science.* domains...

Anthony Scopatz scopatz@gmail....
Tue Nov 27 15:25:13 CST 2012

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 1:30 AM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Perhaps http://numfocus.org/ could take them on, or the PSF?
> > (even if they don't have a specific use in mind immediately)
> > For the short them I'd just have them redirect to www.scipy.org ;)
>
> I asked on the numfocus list and nobody was really interested, and I
> floated the question at a board meeting and folks also agreed that
> with the limited time/resources numfocus has right now, there were
> more important things to do.
>
> So I'll just let them lapse, if anybody cares, they'll be open for the
> taking come December 3 :)

Gah! Sorry for missing this.  I actually think that the redirection idea is
really good one.  It can't be that expensive to just maintain these
indefinitely.
I'd rather us have them than someone else.  I'll make a motion for this
on the NumFOCUS list.

Be Well
Anthony