[Numpy-discussion] Windows installation problem

Jim O'Brien jim@jgssebl....
Wed Nov 28 16:59:20 CST 2012

Ralf,

Thanks.

I downloaded the 1.6.2 release for win64 and tried to install.

I am still being told that it requires 2.7 and that was not found in the
registry.

I know I have Python 2.7 as other packages find it just fine.

Is there a way to get around the check that is done by the installer?

Regards,
Jim

  _____

From: numpy-discussion-bounces@scipy.org
[mailto:numpy-discussion-bounces@scipy.org] On Behalf Of Ralf Gommers
Sent: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 2:32 PM
To: Discussion of Numerical Python
Subject: Re: [Numpy-discussion] Windows installation problem

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM, Jim O'Brien <jim@jgssebl.net> wrote:

I have tried to install the 1.6.2 win32 superpack on my Windows 7 Pro (64
bit) system which has ActiveState ActivePython 2.7.2.5 (64 bit) installed.

However, I get an error that Python 2.7 is required and can't be found in
the Registry.

I only need numpy as it is a pre-requisite for another package and numpy is
the only pre-requisite that won't install.

Other are specific to Python 2.7 and they install.  Some are Win64 and  some
are Win32.

Is there a work around for this?

You need to use 64-bit numpy if you have 64-bit Python. You can find one at
http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/.

Ralf