[Numpy-discussion] set_printoptions precision and single floats

Dan Goodman dg.gmane@thesamovar....
Fri Oct 5 10:17:46 CDT 2012

Hi,

numpy.set_printoptions(precision=...) doesn't affect single floats, even
if they are numpy floats rather than Python floats. Is this a bug or is
there some reason for this behaviour? I ask because I have a class that
derives from numpy.float64 and adds some extra information, and I'd like
to be able to control the precision. I could fix it to use the precision
set by numpy.set_printoptions, but then it would be inconsistent with
how numpy itself handles precision. Thoughts?

Dan