[Numpy-discussion] Fwd: [numpy] ENH: Initial implementation of a 'neighbor' calculation (#303)

Cera, Tim tim@cerazone....
Wed Oct 10 11:55:57 CDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 1:58 AM, Travis E. Oliphant <
notifications@github.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure what to make of no comments on this PR. This seems like a
> useful addition. @timcera <https://github.com/timcera> are you still
> interested in having this PR merged?

Yes.

I mentioned in PR comments that the lack of discussion is because my code
engenders speechless awe in anyone who looks at it.  :-)   Of course
speechless awe can come from two different reasons!  Hopefully it is
because my code is so awesome.

Seriously, I really wanted some input, especially after I found
#31<https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/31>
.

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 7:24 AM, Eric Moore <notifications@github.com>
 wrote:

> This seems to be trying to solve a very similar problem to #31<https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/31>

Internally I implemented something like rolling window, but I don't return
the windows.  Instead the contents of the windows are used for calculation
of each windows 'central' cell in the results array.

After seeing the rolling window function I thought it might be nice to
bring that out into a callable function, so that similar functionality
would be available.  That particular function isn't useful to me directly,
but perhaps others?

Kindest regards,
Tim