[Numpy-discussion] Announcing Anaconda version 1.1

Travis Oliphant travis@continuum...
Fri Oct 19 11:10:44 CDT 2012

I just wanted to let everyone know about our new release of Anaconda which
now has Spyder and Matplotlib working for Mac OS X and Windows.

Right now, it's the best way to get the pre-requisites for Numba --- though
I recommend getting the latest Numba from github as Numba is still under
active development.
*

Anaconda 1.1 Announcement

Continuum Analytics, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of Anaconda
Pro 1.1, which extends Anaconda’s programming capabilities to the desktop.
 Anaconda Pro now includes an IDE (Spyder <http://spyder-ide.blogspot.com/>)
and plotting capabilities (Matplotlib <http://matplotlib.org/>), as well as
optimized versions of Numba Pro <https://store.continuum.io/cshop/numbapro>and
IOPro <https://store.continuum.io/cshop/iopro>.

With these enhancements, AnacondaPro is a complete solution for server-side
computation or client-side development.  It is equally well-suited for
supercomputers or for training in a classroom.

Available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, Anaconda is a Python
distribution for scientific computing, engineering simulation, and business
intelligence & data management.  It includes the most popular numerical and
scientific libraries used by scientists, engineers, and data analysts, with
a single integrated and flexible installer.

Continuum Analytics offers Enterprise-level support for Anaconda, covering
both its open source libraries as well as the included commercial libraries
from Continuum.

For more information, to download a trial version of Anaconda Pro, or
download the completely free Anaconda CE, click
here<https://store.continuum.io/cshop/anaconda>
.
*
*