[Numpy-discussion] Issue tracking

Thouis (Ray) Jones thouis@gmail....
Mon Oct 22 22:05:24 CDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 9:34 PM, Thouis (Ray) Jones <thouis@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 4:46 PM, Thouis (Ray) Jones <thouis@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Thouis (Ray) Jones <thouis@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I started the import with the oldest 75 and newest 125 Trac issues,
>>> and will wait a few hours to do the rest to allow feedback, just in
>>> case something is broken that I haven't noticed.
>>>
>>> I did make one change to better emulate Trac behavior.  Some Trac
>>> usernames are also email addresses, which Trac anonymizes in its
>>> display.  I decided it was safer to do the same.
>>
>> The import is running again, though I've been having some failures in
>> a few comments and general hangs (these might be network related).
>> I'm keeping track of which issues might have had difficulties.
>>
>> @endolith noticed that I didn't correctly relink #XXX trac id numbers
>> to github id numbers (both trac and github create links
>> automatically), so that will have to be handled by a postprocessing
>> script (which it probably would have, anyway, since the github # isn't
>> known before import).
>
> Import has finished.
>
> The following trac #s had issues in creating the comments (I think due
> to network problems): 182, 297, 619, 621, 902, 904, 909 913, 914, 915,
> 1044, 1526.  I'll review them and see if I can pull in anything
> missing
>
> I'll also work on a script for updating the trac crossrefs to github crossrefs.
>
> In the "no good deed goes unpunished" category, I accidentally logged
> in as myself (rather than numpy-gitbot) and pushed about 500 issues,
> so now I receive updates whenever one of them gets changed.  At least
> most of them were closed, already...

I just updated the cross-issue-references to use github rather than
Trac id numbers.  Stupidly, I may have accidentally removed comments
that were added in the last few days to  issues moved from trac to
github.  Hopefully not, or at least not many.

It's probably a good idea to turn off Trac, soon, to keep too many new
bugs from needing to be ported, and old bugs being commented on.  The
latter is more of a pain to deal with.

Ray