[Numpy-discussion] Simple question about scatter plot graph

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Wed Oct 31 19:17:39 CDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 4:04 PM, klo uo <klonuo@gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess this is simple for many on this list
> I have 20 samples with ~420 points each, and scatter plot (lag_plot) for
> all samples is attached
> 16x16 grid pattern is easily visible, but I can't make the meaning

I don't have much of an idea what we are supposed to see, except that there
might not be much autocorrelation.

Is this grided data and some scatter points might actually be many points
on top of each other so we don't see all points and not the frequencey
distribution?
Is y on a continuous, metric scale or are all grid points different
categories, observations.

Josef