[Numpy-discussion] Mysterious test_pareto failure on Travis

Nathaniel Smith njs@pobox....
Tue Sep 4 05:15:39 CDT 2012

The last two Travis builds of master have failed consistently with the
same error:
  http://travis-ci.org/#!/numpy/numpy/builds
It looks like a real failure -- we're getting the same error on every
build variant, some sort of problem in test_pareto. Example:
  http://travis-ci.org/#!/numpy/numpy/jobs/2328823

The obvious culprit would be the previous commit, which regenerated
mtrand.c with Cython 0.17:
  http://github.com/numpy/numpy/commit/cd9092aa71d23359b33e89d938c55fb14b9bf606

What's weird, though, is that that commit passed just fine on Travis:
  http://travis-ci.org/#!/numpy/numpy/builds/2313124

It's just the two commits since then that failed. But these commits
have been 1-line docstring changes, so I don't see how they could have
possibly created the problem.

Also, the test passes fine with python 2.7 on my laptop with current master.

Can anyone reproduce this failure? Any ideas what might be going on?

-n