[Numpy-discussion] Numpy 1.7b1 API change cause big trouble

Nathaniel Smith njs@pobox....
Wed Sep 5 12:56:45 CDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 6:36 PM, Frédéric Bastien <nouiz@nouiz.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I spent up to now 2 or 3 days making change to Theano to support numpy
> 1.7b1. But now, I just find an interface change that will need
> recoding a function, not just small code change.

My understanding was that 1.7 is not supposed to require any code
changes... so, separate from your actual question about assigning to
the data field can I ask: are the changes you're talking about just to
avoid *deprecated* APIs, or did you have actual problems running
Theano against 1.7b1? And if you had actual problems, could you say
what? (Or just post a diff of the changes you found you had to make,
which should amount to the same thing?)

-n