[Numpy-discussion] Numpy 1.7b1 API change cause big trouble

Ondřej Čertík ondrej.certik@gmail....
Wed Sep 5 17:03:51 CDT 2012

Hi Fred,

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Nathaniel Smith <njs@pobox.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 6:36 PM, Frédéric Bastien <nouiz@nouiz.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I spent up to now 2 or 3 days making change to Theano to support numpy
>> 1.7b1. But now, I just find an interface change that will need
>> recoding a function, not just small code change.
>
> My understanding was that 1.7 is not supposed to require any code
> changes... so, separate from your actual question about assigning to
> the data field can I ask: are the changes you're talking about just to
> avoid *deprecated* APIs, or did you have actual problems running
> Theano against 1.7b1? And if you had actual problems, could you say
> what? (Or just post a diff of the changes you found you had to make,
> which should amount to the same thing?)

Thank you for trying the beta version, that was the purpose to put it out there
and see if it breaks things.

As others said, if you can give us more details, that'd be great. Let's get it
fixed before rc1.

Ondrej