[Numpy-discussion] ANN: NumPy 1.7.0b2 release

Ondřej Čertík ondrej.certik@gmail....
Thu Sep 20 09:33:56 CDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 4:50 AM, Richard Hattersley
<rhattersley@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [First of all - thanks to everyone involved in the 1.7 release. Especially
> Ondřej - it takes a lot of time & energy to coordinate something like this.]
>
> Is there an up to date release schedule anywhere? The trac milestone still
> references June.

Well, originally we were supposed to release about a month ago, but it
turned out there are more things to fix.
Currently, we just need to fix all the issues here:

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/396

it looks like a lot, but many of them are really easy to fix, so my
hope is that it will not take long. The hardest one is this:

http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/2108

if anyone wants to help with this one, that'd be very much appreciated.
After these are fixed, the rc1 (possibly rc2) and the final release
should go quickly, as I already know how to make the binaries easily.

Ondrej