[Numpy-discussion] Views of memmaps and offset

Sat Sep 22 12:52:49 CDT 2012

On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Gael Varoquaux <
gael.varoquaux@normalesup.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 11:16:27AM -0600, Charles R Harris wrote:
> >    I think this is a bug, taking a view should probably update the
> offset.
>
> OK, we can include a fix for that alongside with the patch to keep track
> of the filename.

It already tracks the file name

In [1]: a = np.memmap('tmp.mmap', dtype=np.float64, shape=50, mode='w+',
offset=4)

In [2]: b = a[10:]

In [3]: b.filename
Out[3]: '/home/charris/tmp.mmap'

or did you mean something else? I was guessing the fix could be mad in the
same place that copied over the filename.