[Numpy-discussion] Issue tracking

Nathaniel Smith njs@pobox....
Thu Sep 27 18:10:29 CDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Thouis (Ray) Jones <thouis@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 8:46 AM, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thouis, what needs to be done to make a testbed of the conversion ?
>
> I just returned to this a couple of days ago [*], and last night
> successfully imported all the trac issues (from my somewhat
> out-of-date snapshot) to this repo:
> https://github.com/thouis/numpy-trac-migration

Skimmed some of the bugs:

The "(migrated from Trac #xxx)" in all the bug titles is kind of
intrusive and distracting -- maybe reduce this to just "(was Trac
#xxx)" or even "(Trac#xxx)" or so?

https://github.com/thouis/numpy-trac-migration/issues/3783:

"Reported 2011-03-04 by atmention:rgommers, assigned to unknown." <-
This atmention thing looks like a bug.

In the main body of the bug (and also in some comments), your code
managed to convert one {{{source-code block}}} into a ```source-code
block```, but failed on several others.

"Comment in Trac by atmention:rgommers, 2012-05-19" <-- aside from the
atmention: thing, wouldn't it be better to put the commenter first so
it's more visible when skimming comments? Maybe something like