[Numpy-discussion] Making numpy sensible: backward compatibility please

Fri Sep 28 20:37:35 CDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 7:25 PM, Anthony Scopatz <scopatz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 7:44 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Charles R Harris
>> <charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Bitch, bitch, bitch. Look, I know you are pissed and venting a bit, but
>> this
>> > problem could have been detected and reported 6 months ago, that is,
>> unless
>> > it is new due to development on your end.
>>
>> It would be great if we could keep these kinds of comments out of  our
>> regular discourse.
>>

> +1, I think we should endeavor to have a respectful and welcoming
> community.

With a bit of humour now and then among the old timers, no? Look, I've been
outright insulted on the list and I don't recall anyone weighing in about
civility at the time. But nor am I a tender flower. But we are going way
off topic, no?

<snip>

Chuck