[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-Dev] NumPy/SciPy participation in GSoC 2013

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers@gmail....
Tue Apr 2 13:12:24 CDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 2:27 PM, Todd <toddrjen@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@gmail.com>wrote:

>>> So far we've only got one primary mentor (thanks Chuck!), most core devs
>>> do not seem to have the bandwidth this year. If there are other people
>>> interested in mentoring please let me know. If not, then it looks like
>>> we're not participating this year.
>>>

>> Hi all, an update on GSoC'13. We do have enough mentoring power after
>> all; NumPy/SciPy is now registered as a participating project on the PSF
>> page: http://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode/2013
>>
>> Prospective students: please have a look at
>> http://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode/Expectations and at
>> http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/wiki/SummerofCodeIdeas. In particular
>> note that we require you to make one pull request to NumPy/SciPy which has
>> to be merged *before* the application deadline (May 3). So please start
>> thinking about that, and start a discussion on your project idea on this
>> list.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Ralf

> There were a number of other ideas in this thread:
>
> http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2013-March/065699.html

Thanks Todd. Your idea 5 is pretty much what Nathaniel just detailed out,
it's on the ideas page now. That should enable idea 1 as well. The other
idea that got some positive feedback was 3:
http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2013-March/065710.html. If
you or someone else could make that a little more concrete, we can put that
up.

Ralf