[Numpy-discussion] Please stop bottom posting!!

Chris Barker - NOAA Federal chris.barker@noaa....
Wed Apr 3 18:56:47 CDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Doug Coleman <doug.coleman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, gmail "bottom-posts" by default. It's transparent to gmail users. I'd
> imagine they are some of the biggest offenders.

Not with my configuration -- which I don't hink I changed -- it's top
posting by default for me.

however, gmail does hide much of the "quoted" content, so this may not
bug people as much -- in fact, for me, with gmail, it's often not to
bad to read, but then I go to reply and find a huge pile of quoted
material that gmail hid from me.

but I've got it set to plain text -- not sure how that effects things...

-Chris

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker@noaa.gov