[Numpy-discussion] Moving linalg c code

Dave Hirschfeld dave.hirschfeld@gmail....
Thu Apr 4 02:49:35 CDT 2013

Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi All,There is a PR that adds some blas and lapack functions to numpy. I'm
thinking that if that PR is merged it would be good to move all of the blas
and lapack functions, including the current ones in numpy/linalg into a single
directory somewhere in numpy/core/src. So there are two questions here: should
we be adding the new functions, and if so, should we consolidate all the blas
and lapack C code into its own directory somewhere in numpy/core/src.Thoughts?
Chuck

The code in the aforementioned PR would be very useful to me in performance
critical areas of my code. So much so in fact that I've actually rolled my own
functions in cython to do what I need. I'd be happy if the functionality was
available by default in numpy though.

Regards,
Dave