[Numpy-discussion] Please stop bottom posting!!

Chris Barker - NOAA Federal chris.barker@noaa....
Thu Apr 4 11:01:34 CDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 11:53 PM, Dag Sverre Seljebotn
<d.s.seljebotn@astro.uio.no> wrote:
> With top-posting I'm forced to write "With respect to what you write
> about the GIL issues, ...". Bleh. In fact, in deep technical threads
> it's very difficult for me to write top-posting at all, which is why I
> get so irritated when people switch to it.

well, raw top posting is pretty painful, I agree, though I personally
prefer it over raw bottom posting, particularly for really short,
simple comments.

And if you are adding to a deep technical thread, raw bottom posting
is no better, you still would need to write:

"With respect to what you write about the GIL issues, ..."

Which is why I advocate interspersed posting.

It comes down to: please take some thought to compose your post in a
way that is suited to the thread and what you are writing, rather than
simply use whatever your mail or news reader makes easy without
thinking about it.

Ideally, for each person that writes a post, a lot of people are
reading it -- so be respectful of the readers' time, more than your
own.

-Chris

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker@noaa.gov