[Numpy-discussion] dynamically choosing atlas libraries

Edward Walter ewalter+numpy@cs.cmu....
Fri Apr 5 12:08:22 CDT 2013

Hello List,

We're standing up a new computational cluster and going through the
steps of building Numpy etc.  We would like to be able to install
multiple versions of ATLAS (with different build settings / tunings /
etc) and have Numpy load the shared Atlas libraries dynamically based on
the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

It's not clear to me how to do this given that the library path is hard
coded in Numpy's site.cfg.  It seems like other people have gotten this
working though (i.e. RHEL/Centos with their collection of Atlas versions
{atlas, atlas-sse3, etc}).  Does anyone have any pointers on this?

Thanks much.

-Ed Walter
Carnegie Mellon University