[Numpy-discussion] Raveling, reshape order keyword unnecessarily confuses index and memory ordering

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers@gmail....
Sat Apr 6 15:25:20 CDT 2013

On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 8:16 PM, Paul Ivanov <pivanov314@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ralf,
>
> Ralf Gommers, on 2013-04-06 10:51,  wrote:
> > P.P.S. expect an identical response from me to future proposals that
> > include backwards compatibility breaks of heavily used functions for
> > something that's not a functional enhancement or bug fix. Such proposals
> > are just not OK.
>
> but it is a functional enhancement or bug fix - the ambiguity in
> the affect of order= values in several places only serve to
> confuse two different ideas into one.

That sentence makes zero sense. The reason you can't decide whether it's a
bug fix or enhancement is because it's neither. What ambiguity there is can
be solved with documentation only, there's nothing new you can do with
these functions after introducing a new keyword and there is no bug.

Ralf