[Numpy-discussion] ANN: NumPy 1.7.1 release

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers@gmail....
Sun Apr 7 05:44:39 CDT 2013

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 11:40 AM, Colin J. Williams
<cjwilliams43@gmail.com>wrote:

>  On 07/04/2013 4:09 AM, Ondřej Čertík wrote:
>
> [snip]
> P.S. I'll create the Mac binary installers in a few days. Pypi is updated.
>

>  [snip]
>
> Ondřej,
>
> I've seen the PyPi version *criticized on the grounds that it makes no
> provision for the linear algebra optimizations.
>
> Is this valid?*

All functions in the PyPi installer work, but indeed they're not
SSE2/SSE3-optimized. If you need a Windows installer and care about
performance, use one from SourceForge. (or use EPD, Anacondo, Python(x,y),
etc., just not from PyPi).

Ralf