[Numpy-discussion] ANN: NumPy 1.7.1 release

Nathaniel Smith njs@pobox....
Fri Apr 19 10:46:56 CDT 2013

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 4:17 PM, Chris Barker - NOAA Federal
<chris.barker@noaa.gov> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 8:12 AM, Ondřej Čertík <ondrej.certik@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> I'm pleased to announce the availability of the final NumPy 1.7.1 release.
>
> Nice work -- but darn! I was hoping a change/fix to teh datetime64
> timezone handlien could get into the next release -- oh well.

That's probably too big a behavioural chance to go into a point
release in any case...

> When do we expect the next one may be? I've lost track, are you trying
> to keep to a schedule now, or just waiting until there is something
> compelling to release?

I think the current schedule for 1.8 is "any time now, as soon as we
manage to get around to it".

-n