[Numpy-discussion] numpy scalars and savez -- bug?

Chris Barker - NOAA Federal chris.barker@noaa....
Fri Apr 19 14:06:02 CDT 2013

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:31 AM, Nathaniel Smith <njs@pobox.com> wrote:
> On 19 Apr 2013 19:22, "Chris Barker - NOAA Federal" <chris.barker@noaa.gov>
> wrote:
>> Anyway -- going to HDF, or netcdf, or role-your-own really seems like
>> overkill for this. I just need something fast and simple and it
>> doesn't need to interchange with anything else.
>
> Just use pickle...?

hmm -- for some reason, I always have thought as pickle as unreliable
and ill-suited to numpy arrays -- we developed savez for a reason...
but maybe I just need to give it a shot and see how it works.

Thanks,
  -Chris

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker@noaa.gov