[Numpy-discussion] numpy scalars and savez -- bug?

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri Apr 19 14:25:45 CDT 2013

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 12:36 AM, Chris Barker - NOAA Federal
<chris.barker@noaa.gov> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:31 AM, Nathaniel Smith <njs@pobox.com> wrote:
>> On 19 Apr 2013 19:22, "Chris Barker - NOAA Federal" <chris.barker@noaa.gov>
>> wrote:
>>> Anyway -- going to HDF, or netcdf, or role-your-own really seems like
>>> overkill for this. I just need something fast and simple and it
>>> doesn't need to interchange with anything else.
>>
>> Just use pickle...?
>
> hmm -- for some reason, I always have thought as pickle as unreliable
> and ill-suited to numpy arrays -- we developed savez for a reason...
> but maybe I just need to give it a shot and see how it works.

The rationale behind .npy format are laid out here:

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/blob/master/doc/neps/npy-format.txt

--
Robert Kern