[Numpy-discussion] Reading String type to find long "magic word"

Val Kalatsky kalatsky@gmail....
Fri Apr 19 19:05:27 CDT 2013

Here's a seed for your function:

s = 'ThesampletextthatcouldbereadedthesameinbothordersArozaupalanalapuazorA'
f = np.array(list(s)).view('int8').astype(float)
f -= f.mean()
maybe_here = np.argmax(np.convolve(f,f))/2
magic = 10
print s[maybe_here - magic:maybe_here + magic + 1]

Let us now how to assign significance to the result and to find optimal
'magic'

Val