[Numpy-discussion] ANN: NumPy 1.7.1 release

Ondřej Čertík ondrej.certik@gmail....
Thu Apr 25 21:11:24 CDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 12:10 PM, Frédéric Bastien <nouiz@nouiz.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A big thanks for that release.
>
> I also think it would be useful to do a release candidate about this. This
> release changed the behavior releated to python long and broke a test in
> Theano. Nothing important, but we could have fixed this before the release.
>
> The numpy change is that a python long that don't fit in an int64, but fit
> in an uint64, was throwing an overflow exception. Now it return an uint64.

My apologies for this. There was a release candidate here:

http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2013-March/065948.html

and I don't see any offending patch between the 1.7.1rc1 and 1.7.1.

If the bugs are in numpy, would you please report it into issues? So
that we can fix it.

Thanks,
Ondrej