[Numpy-discussion] About ready to start 1.8 release process.

Mon Aug 12 17:14:25 CDT 2013

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 4:05 PM, Chris Barker - NOAA Federal <
chris.barker@noaa.gov> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 2:41 PM, Charles R Harris
> <charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Datetime64 will not be modified in this release.
>
> I now there is neither the time nor the will for all that it needs,
> but please, please, please, can we yank out the broken timezone
> handling at least?
>
> https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/3290

You need to be a bit more specific, what parts should be yanked out? I'm
also worried about breaking peoples' work arounds this late in the game.

Chuck