[Numpy-discussion] PEP 450 (stats module for standard library)

Valentin Haenel valentin@haenel...
Fri Aug 16 11:44:45 CDT 2013

* Chris Barker - NOAA Federal <chris.barker@noaa.gov> [2013-08-16]:
> On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 8:20 AM, Alan G Isaac <alan.isaac@gmail.com> wrote:
> > http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0450/
> > https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.lang.python/IV-3mobU7L0
>
> as numpy is the "right" way to do this sort of stuff, I think this is
> a better argument for a numpy-lite in the stdlib than anything else.
>
> But I doubt that will happen. Oh well.

The PEP also says something about numpy being a «nuclear reactor»..
While I do see the point of a simple stats library being an included
battery and numpy being something more powerful -- I wouldn't take the
analogy too far. Since this would imply, amongst other things, Numpy
could potentially suffer a meltdown and be hazardous to environment. ;)

best,

V-